This section is part of the Student Union Society website, The official Health and Dental Plan contains extended information about your plan.
You may also get information by calling the Mon. - Fri. from 9 am to 5 pm.
★ What is the SUS Health & Dental Plan?
SUS has partnered with Studentcare in order to provide students with extended health and dental coverage. The Plan is designed specifically for students to cover many services not covered by the British Columbia Medical Services Plan (BC MSP) and other basic health-care programs.
★ Who’s Covered?
Most full-time students who are members of SUS and who begin their studies in the Fall semester are automatically covered by the SUS Health & Dental Plan, including TASK students.
★ What’s Covered?
Among other benefits, the Plan covers:
- Up to 80% for prescription drugs
- Over $4,000 for health practitioners (psychologists, massage therapists, physiotherapists, chiropractors, etc.)
- Up to $300 in vision care (eye exams, eyeglasses and contact lenses, laser eye surgery)
- Up to $750 in dental care (checkups, cleanings, fillings, extractions, endodontics, periodontics, etc.)
- Travel health coverage (up to $5,000,000 per incident, 120 days per trip).
Visit studentcare.ca for complete details.
★ How Can I Save More?
You can further enhance your benefits by visiting health professionals who are members of the Dental, Vision, Chiropractic, Physiotherapy, Doctor, Psychology, and Massage Therapy Networks. You are covered for the insured portion regardless of the health professional you choose. By consulting a Network member, you will get additional coverage. For example, by visiting a Dental Network member, you will receive an additional 20% off dental services, enabling you to get up to 90% coverage.