CLUBS & ASSOCIATIONS
The Student Union Society helps fund the official UFV Clubs and Associations which are created by, and run by, our members.
- If you are interested in joining an existing student organization, kick-starting a defunct one or even starting a new one, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Existing or re-starting Clubs and Associations should contact the SUS VP Finance at vpfinance@ufvSUS.ca to discuss the status of their financial accounts with the SUS.
Clubs & Associations Downloads –
Association Registration Package Download
Club Registration Package Download
Association Semester Verification Form Download
Student Organization Funding Request Form Download
Student Organization Fund Claim Form Download
*The SUS Clubs and Associations Registration Package is available below or for download on the Downloads page of our website*
Current Registered Student Organizations
- Allied Health Club - contact Navjot Sohi at email@example.com
- Biology and Chemistry Student Association – contact Jennifer Martel at BCSAprez@gmail.com
- Chinese Students & Scholars Association – contact (Helen) Meng Zhai at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Computer Information Systems Student Association - contact email CISSA@cissa.ca
- Criminal Justice Student Association – contact Steffen Moens at email@example.com
- English Students Association – contact Niki Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fashion Design Student Association - contact Alysen Cox at email@example.com
- Geography Undergraduate Society ( GUS ) – contact Paul Stephany at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Health Club - contact Usmaqn Shahid at OSUSMAN@hotmail.com
- International Friendship Club – contact Anjuli Zukowski at email@example.com
- Japanese Culture Club – contact Ayaka Hatakeyama at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kinesiology and Phys Ed Student Association – contact Kimberley Bennettat at email@example.com
- Lan Party People – contact Judah Loewen at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Latino Club – contact Sofia Solano at email@example.com
- Library & Information Technology Student Association (LITSA) – contact Dave MacKinnon at firstname.lastname@example.org
- LifeLink – contact Ashley Bulthuis at email@example.com
- Modern Languages Student Association – contact Timothy Augeard at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nursing Student Association (NSA)- contact Tony Chae at email@example.com
- Photography – contact Blake McGuire at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pre-Dental Student Association – contact Sanjit Makkar at email@example.com
- Pre-Med Student Association – contact Alycia Bradley at firstname.lastname@example.org
- UFV Pride - contact Amanda Paulton at email@example.com
- RPG & Boardgames Club – contact Nick Willms at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sales & Marketing Students Association – contact Eason Parasad at email@example.com
- Social Work Student Association – contact Sophie Smit at firstname.lastname@example.org
- South Asian Peer Network Association – contact Raji Hee at email@example.com
- Student Marketing Association – contact Charlene Winter at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Teaching English as a Second Language Student Association (TESL) – email Greg Stickland at email@example.com
- Theatre Student Association – contact Cait Archer at firstname.lastname@example.org
- United Way FV Student Committee – contact Jessica Griffiths at email@example.com
- Visual Arts Student Association (VASA) – contact Julie Epp at firstname.lastname@example.org
And Some Groups from the Past…
- Aboriginal Student Association
- Aiding Communities Everywhere Club
- Adrenaline Anonymous
- American Sign Language Club
- Anti-Ism Movement
- Anime Club
- Atheists, Skeptics and Humanists
- Baha”i’ Global Forum
- Big Kids Club: Early Childhood Education
- Campus Bible Study
- UFV Climbing Club
- Conservative Campus Club
- Creative Writers’ Club
- UFV Dance Club
- Dental Hygiene Student Association
- Dr. Who Fan Club
- French Club
- Giddha Club
- Hiking / Mountaineering Club
- Human Resource Student Society
- International Development
- Karaoke Club
- UFV Karate Club
- UFV Mosaic Club
- Muslim Students Club
- Nachdiyan Shokeen Muttiarian Dance Club
- Neighbourhood Care International Association
- Oxfam Club
- Rugby & Football Club
- Safety Awareness
- UFV Ski and Snowboard
- Street Hockey Club
- Student Outdoor Life and Recreation
- Ultimate Frisbee Club
- University Christian Ministries
- Video Game Club
- Wresting Club
There are a number of ways YOUR SUS can help YOUR Student Organization!
- Your SUS can stamp your POSTERs for display around the University, book a Boardroom for a meeting and has photocopy & fax services for all registered UFV SUS Student Organizations.
- Duly registered SUS Student Organizations get a $10 per semester printing credit!
- A SUS Club or Association can hold meetings at the ‘Campus Pub’! If six ( 6 ) or more members show up for a meeting you get 15% off the bill.
- UFV SUS Student Organizations can raise funds by hosting events at the ‘Campus Pub’! Come up with a theme, offer deals like a “Beer & Burger” special and bring in some entertainment… voila you’ve had some fun and raised some funds at the same time! * ‘Campus Pub’ is available for private C&A events too!
Book all ‘Campus Pub’ functions through the manager by stopping in at ‘Campus Pub’, by email at vpsocial@ufvSUS.ca or at UFV local 4294.
SUS Student Organization Governance Guidelines
In order to become an official Student Organization within the UFV community, a group must either register with UFV Student Life, or the Student Union Society. There are benefits to registering with both, and this document outlines what is required to register with the Student Union Society.
Types of Student Organizations recognized by the SUS:
The SUS registers two designations of Student Organizations: Clubs and Associations.
An Association is a Student Organization which is linked to a UFV Department, with the majority of active students being involved with that department, and a UFV faculty or staff member signing the registration package. Examples of Associations are: Business Administration Student Association, Baker House Residence Association, and the Kinesiology & Physical Education Student Association.
A Club is any other Student Organization. A Club can be about anything, focus on anything, and do anything, as long as they work to improve the campus environment and student experience at UFV and do not violate any laws, or policies of the University or the Student Union Society.
To register, a Student Organization must fill out and submit a complete Registration Package. If funding is also desired, the package must be submitted before the funding deadline of that semester. A complete Registration Package includes a membership list of at least 25 current students ( as of that semester ), and a constitution.
A Club or Association must be run by a SUSociety Member in Good Standing, which means that the person is a student at UFV, is enrolled in at least one class in each semester that they hold the position, and that there are no disciplinary actions against the student by the SUS or UFV. Non-students may be executives or members of any Student Organization, but they may not be the President (or head-person), or a signing authority.
Associations must submit a comprehensive constitution, which is vetted and accepted by the sitting Governance Committee of the SUSociety. The SUS will help Student Organizations in writing their constitutions.
Once registered for a semester, Student Organizations may request funding additional to the amount allotted when their registration is accepted, or any other form of assistance from the Society.
Clubs must submit a complete Registration Package every semester in which they require funding or assistance.
Associations must complete a full Registration Package once per academic year. Their initial funding allotment will be forwarded upon acceptance of that Registration Package, and in subsequent semesters for that academic year a Verification Form will be completed if further semesterly funding is required.
Any Student Organization which fails to submit a Registration Package or Verification Form for three consecutive semesters will be deemed inactive.
Semesterly Funding Guidelines
Clubs and Associations are eligible to receive a lump-sum of Semesterly Funding each semester, should they register before the given deadline. This is not the only funding an organization can receive, but it is subject to a separate policy to govern its tracking and accounting.
- Clubs receive $100 each Semester in which it is registered with the SUSociety.
- Associations receive $175 each Semester it registers with or submits a Verification Form to the SUSociety.
To receive the appropriate SUS funding for a semester, an Organization must complete a Student Organization Registration Package by the required deadline, which is approximately 45 days from the start of the semester, or complete an Association Verification Form (Associations only).
After completing this form, Student Organizations can then claim the funds immediately with a Student Organization Claim Form, or bring in proof of expenses through receipts that must be signed specially (see the Student Organization Receipt Claim Guide).
Funds are then given to the recipient once the claim has been verified. If the money was claimed through the Form, receipts totalling the Semester Allotment must be provided. If the receipts given do not meet the total, then the balance must be given back to the Student Union Society. Should funding have been released through receipts, then proof is no longer required.
Should receipts not be provided, the Student Union Society will withhold Semester Funding and not approve any Funding Requests put in by the specific Organization.
To request funds above and beyond the initial allotted amount, an organization must fill in and submit a Funding Request Form. The amount requested is not limited by any SUS policy but we do have our own budgets to consider when granting funds. These proposals must be approved at a Board Meeting, which occur every two weeks, before the cheques are requested.
Download a sample constitution form Download to prepare one for your Student Organization prior to filling out your Registration.
- Association Registration Package Download
- Club Registration Package Download
- Funding Request Form
- Student Organization Fund Claim Form